Your application will not be saved if you close this page
Trades, Utilities, & Resources

Trades, Utilities, & Resources is for contractors or businesses doing any work, performing any service or supplying material classified as construction related in areas such as building, plumbing, gas-fitting, roofing, drywall, painting, excavating, landscaping and any other similar or related fields. It includes companies that offer services such as interior decorating, pest control and tree spraying. Also included are resource-based businesses such as mining, sand and gravel pits, forestry & logging, and fishing & hunting (but not retail or wholesale suppliers to these types of businesses) as well as companies for the distribution of, and facilities used for utilities like electricity, natural gas, water and sewer.

Depending on the nature of your business, the following may be required to complete your business licence application:

  • Number of employees (your employee count should include the business owner)
  • Floor area (in m2) of your business location.
  • If you are applying for a plumbing, gas, or fire sprinkler contractor licence, you will be required to provide your trade qualifications in order to complete your application. A copy of your wallet card is sufficient.

If you have questions about your application, please contact Business Licensing at or call 250-469-8617.