Your application will not be saved if you close this page
Health & Medical Services

Health & Medical Services includes all health care facilities, home health care services and ambulatory care services. It includes practitioners such as veterinarians, chiropractors, dentists, ENT specialists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, optometrists, orthodontists, orthopedic surgeons, pathologists, physicians/surgeons, psychiatrists, radiologists, urologists, podiatrists. This category also includes counselling services, massage therapists, as well as practitioners of Chinese medicine, acupuncture, reiki, reflexology, and other similar or related fields.

Depending on the nature of your business, the following may be required to complete your business licence application:

  • Number of employees (your employee count should include the business owner)
  • Number of professionals (this would be the number of doctors, dentists etc. operating at your business location)
  • Floor area (in m2) of your business location.
  • If you are applying for a rooming house, private nursing or rest home licence, you will be asked to provide the number of suites/rooms.
  • If you are applying for a private hospital licence you will be asked to provide the number of beds.
  • If you are a Registered Massage Therapist you will need to provide a copy of your BC Registered Massage Therapist Certificate.
  • If you are a Registered Acupuncturist you will need to provide confirmation from the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of BC of your registration. A copy of your wallet card will be sufficient.

If you have questions about your application, please contact Business Licensing at or call 250-469-8617.